The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1242 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/09
Duh, I never guessed until right near the end. Very good.
05/29/09
Oh, man. You GOT me - hook, line, and sinker! (sorry for the poor pun!)That last line literally made me gasp. I kept wondering where this prison was - wasn't even close. SO clever.
I think this qualifies as "out of the box". Super job keeping us in the dark until the very end.
06/01/09
Quite a twist here, and completely unexpected, but it is the first time I've considered the womb a prison of torture~! Some of the babies I have delivered looked very much like they were ready to climb right back in when they were exposed to the harsh medical lights, so I'm not so sure...
06/01/09
This was superb, especially with the birth of my grandson the other day. I will have to get my daughter to read this one!
06/02/09
It's very clever--but I found it a bit disturbing, too. I just never thought of the womb as such a hostile environment.

Simply outstanding creativity and atmosphere...awesome writing.
06/02/09
Where do you masters-people get these incredible ideas? Do you eat a couple pizzas before going to bed at night? What??? (In other words, I couldn't have come up with such a creative idea like this if I would have eaten ten pizzas before going to bed.) Well done! I did figure out what was happening about half-way through the story but it still didn't take away from the intrigue. I simply laughted and giggled my way through the rest of the story. (After reading Jan's class about surprise endings, I think I know who wrote this. We'll see.)
06/03/09
Descriptive and very clever...I didn't get it until the last paragraph. Well done.
I just don't know what to say. I too wonder what you ate before bedtime. lol A very "unique" pov regarding birth. The womb a prison?
06/03/09
Though this was interesting, and certainly had a surprise ending, it bothered me that the miracle of life and birth was put in the same category as prison and torture.
Hilarious unexpected ending. Actually I was wondering after the 2nd or 3rd paragraph and then I began guessing more. What a fun piece!
06/03/09
I think this is a very intriguing, maybe a little disturbing, entry. It's definitely well crafted and well-written. It took me until the second to last paragraph to get it and then I was laughing and enjoying the ending. Who knows what these babies think of their release/break-out? :)
ROFL!!!!
Okay, you got me too. LOL. SO did not see where this was going! Wonderful stuff, the twist at the end is marvelous! loved it! Kudos to you!
06/03/09
Oh... my... goodness! I was NOT expecting that!! I've often thought it's a good thing that we can't remember anything about what it was like before we were born. Very clever, very creative!
06/04/09
Well, I don't think one could read this entry and not Feel something! For sure, a reaction getter. The prison, torture and so on was told from a man's POV and so was the ending.

Mona
09/03/09
You have unfolded the events brilliantly, almost from beneath a cloak of malice. Not exactly a womb with a view; but I'd like to know if the father handed out Cuban cigars???