The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1687 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/09/09
This is super—somehow reminded me of Dr. Seuss.
I agree with Lynda. Your story is excellent. I enjoyed the read greatly.
04/09/09
Yes, Dr. Seuss came to my mind too as I read this entertaining poem with a simple but important message to all. Great job.
This is very clever, while still managing to give an important message. I love the creativity.
04/10/09
Comic and entertaining - would love to see it illustrated.
04/10/09
This was so much fun to read. I love the town and people you created. I want to see pictures too. I especially like the smile that was a frown because he was upside down. Great use of the topic!
04/12/09
This is the second entry I've read and commented on that reminded me of Dr. Seuss. Very fun read!
04/12/09
How fun and creative! I thought of Lewis Carroll when I was reading it (and, yes, Dr. Seuss, too). Great job!!
04/12/09
The meter and the rhyme scheme match the tone and message of this delightful poem perfectly!
04/12/09
ABsolutely delightful, Betts! Definitely had a Seussish feel.
04/12/09
Call me crazy, I like Dr. Seuss rhymes. This reminds me of that. Loved it.
I love this! Very charming, and, as many have said very like Dr. Seuss (which I love). Great poem / message. I'd love to see it illustrated.
04/13/09
What a blast...I adore snappy little "fun" poems. Loved this!
04/13/09
Very creative - fun entry. I enjoyed the rhythm and the message.! Good job
I read Dr. Seuss to my kids a lot. They will enjoy hearing this as well. Well done!
04/13/09
So cute--very much like Dr. Suess, and that's a huge compliment. I could picture this illustrated like Dr. Suess' books. Great job with the topic.
04/14/09
Shades of Dr. Seuss, indeed!! :) Very nice job of rhyming and story telling with a great message as the "topper"!
It is nice to see that your ability to tell good, amusing stories transfers so well into the poetry genre, too. This would be fun to see illustrated!
Reads like a Dr. Seuss story which are still my favorite to read in the world at 47 years old!!
04/15/09
Read it to Bill. Put a real smile on his face as he sipped his morning coffee. Creative and so much fun. You are so good at finding where the humor lives.
Mona
04/15/09
Yep, I immediately thought of Dr. Seuss too. Great, fun read with a wonderful message.
04/16/09
Very amusing, and with a great message. Reminded me of the 'Phantom Tollbooth' a bit, my favorite kids book.
06/28/12
Dr Suess would be proud. You've done a fine job. Thanks for the grin.