The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1549 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well definitely need the tissues ready for this read. Did not see this ending coming. Great job. Very touching story.
11/16/08
So sweet, and such a precious boy - mature beyond his years, and so endearing. Warmed my heart.
Ahhhhh! What a kid...what a great church to be part of...what a creative approach to the topic. Enjoyed this.
Love love love it. The voice matches the mindset of your MC. I love the little boy, I sympathize with the mom, and that last sentence - excuse me, but I need to go get a tissue.
Oh well thanks, I can hardly read the screen through the tears. This was so sweet. Leave it to a very smart little boy. Great read.
Precious. Great story. :)
11/19/08
Awesome, Laury! I love this kid and his honest mom. That line about what a 5-year-old does after being so stinking mature is goooodd! Wonderful story, Kiddo!
This has all the ingredients of an O. Henry classic short story. So well done and so engaging. What can I say, I loved it!
11/19/08
Love it! Very real characters - the 5 y/o was incredible as was realistic mom. Thanks1
11/20/08
Great kid, mom did a good job raising such a thoughtful little boy. This was great story,good writing.
11/20/08
I loved this story! Very sweet.
I fell in love with your little boy and was delighted with the sweet story's ending.
11/21/08
A laugh and a tear -- what a perfect combination. I very much enjoyed the way you portrayed the relationship between mother and child -- beautiful.