The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1890 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/24/08
No kidding! What a fascinating story. Now you have to write one about the headstone! Well done.
07/25/08
Way cool! I was all set to comment on how creative this piece was. To hear it's based on a true story is amazing! I love it!
07/25/08
Oh, is that ever a cool story! I LOVE it's true, and how well you dramatized it. Just fascinating and excellent.
I agree that this is a cool story. Perfect for this challenge topic! :-)
Amazing story from the opening paragraph to the last word. Excellent!
07/28/08
What an awesome story...even cooler that it's true. Well done.
Great story Betty. Isn't it wonderful how God uses people in the strangest places.
Cool story - thanks for telling it! The details put me right in the desert (I think I'm sweating!) :)
It's a gift to be able to take the "news" and turn it into a very interesting story. Great job.
07/30/08
I really liked the story but finding out at the end that it was based on true events was the icing on the cake. Good job.
07/30/08
What a cool, and odd story. Totally enjoyable read.
07/30/08
What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing it!
Laury
07/30/08
What an awesome story!
Ohhh... so cool. Makes me want to check out the phone too!
You're something else, you know that?? What a great story, so original and just what I've come to expect from you, my good friend.
07/30/08
Wow. That is so cool. Well done. :)
WOW! A truly amazing story. I've never heard/known about this...I loved the way it ended though and the fact that there really was a phone booth in the middle of nowhere...just wow. Awesome writing! ^_^
07/30/08
Very strange, a phone in the middle of nowhere. Truth is stranger than fiction, they say. Good story. A bit unbelievable at first, but glad to see that it really was a true story. "The Lord works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform."...Helen
Great story, and especially interesting since it's true. Thanks for sharing!
What a cool story! It's too bad that the phone booth has been removed, but good for Rick using it to witness to people.

I loved, loved, loved this. So engaging and interesting to read.
Betty, congratulations on your EC. This is one of my favorites this week.
08/01/08
Congratulations, Betty! Fascinating story, you gave it a mysterious flavor that I love.
08/01/08
Betty, I'm so glad you told this tale, and told it so well. Congratulations on your EC win!