The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1954 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
Patient, and a good Biblical principle—the older women will teach the younger how to be … Well done.
04/10/08
Darling story. Patience is something I could use a gramma's help with, or a mama's. Love the relationship between the family members. This has an excellent sense of place and feels very realistic.
04/12/08
Realistic! Wonderful characterization!
So many little lessons here, but for me, the main one is that grandma's rock! This shows what a little patience can do. Loved this sweet story.
04/12/08
I love this concept! Young mothers are so isolated now and it's such a blessing to have an older woman to help out when the day just gets too long. Lovely story!
04/12/08
Very nice story! Grandma's do rock, as Betty said. Well, some grandma's anyway:) Loved this.
Laury
This is very sweet and well written, as always. Does this mean I'm getting younger? he he. I loved the lessons here.
Good ol' Granny! It's true; most grandparents have much more patience than parents. You've done a wonderful job to show how grandmothers are part of God's plan for the family. Well done, well done!
04/13/08
You can just feel the mom's frustration and I'm sure this has NO basis in reality. ;-D

The line about "getting older" is funny on so many levels. (Where'd this gray hair come from?)
04/13/08
A great story here...loved it.
04/14/08
excepTIONal -- educaTIONal --I remember those days. I love this heart-warming story.
04/14/08
I'd like that grandma to come into my classroom, please, when I'm impatient with my students. She's awesome.

My only nitpick is that these characters are a bit flat--not much fleshing out to develop them--one of the problems of ultra-short fiction. I know you'd have loved twice as many words!
Awww! Poor Samantha...yep, I do agree, she is getting *gasp* older. This was a light, easy sort of read. I liked how the grandmother stepped in at the end and helped to smooth over all the ruffles from vacation-day-after 'stress'. Nice job! ^_^
I liked the ending lines. Unfortunately, I need patience now, and not when I'm older. Maybe, that's why I sometimes feel like an old man. I can blame it on having to wait for things. :)

The grandma was great, and I like how she explained the school lesson to the child. It reminded me of when I was a kid just learning to read.

This was a delightful story and a nice change from many of the very serious entries this week (including my own serious entry). :)
Three cheers for the wizened ones amongst us and this phrase "Sometimes a bit of age, and a new perspective, is all you need." puts a whole "new" perspective on things. Really enjoyed this!
Unique take on this week's subject and excellent lesson.
04/16/08
Nice job...poor mamma...Angela alone is going to keep her on her toes and teach her much patience for years.
While I miss your Bible stories, this was wonderful. If you want the dirty socks in the hamper when they are 20, they must learn it early. I loved Angela's character. One commentor said that grandmas rock...I'd say this grandma is a rock!
04/17/08
Sweet story! Now, you say age is the key to patience? Maybe it's a good thing I'm getting older, then!! LoL. Huggles!
How sweet. Grandmas are so much more patient! But, I'm learning...What a neat trick with the 'shun'. Great work once again. Thanks for the reminder.
12/18/08
Sweet! sweet! story.thanks for the reminder because I have three grandchildren and I need a lot of PATIENCE.