The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1911 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/08
Simply wonderful. I enjoyed this very much.
04/11/08
Heartbreaking and beautifully told. I was absolutely engaged from beginning to end.
04/13/08
Such sadness and loss; then a glimpse of hope. This is beautifully descriptive as it leads the reader through the decision the grandfather made. I'm so glad there's still time for them to get to know each other.
How touching. I can't imagine the courage it took for the grandfather to face so much loss at once. I'm glad his grandson met and forgave him.
04/14/08
Very expressive writing. Love the way you built up the story pulling us in to the emotions and thoughts of the MC. Very nicely done, good descriptive words, a joy to read.
This was so moving. How sad your MC missed so much of his Grandson's life, but how wonderful that they did get together at last and that there was love and forgiveness. Beautifully written.
04/14/08
Awwwww, what a bittersweet story! I love the details; the items on the table, the blanket tucked around his legs...
This was perfect in everyway. Your slant was different and it read so easily. Wonderful!
Endearing and poignant. Your descriptive phrases pulled me into the story and kept me there, caring for your characters and their outcome. Wonderful!
04/17/08
What beautiful writing. Thank you. It brought me to tears, I could so clearly see each moment and feel each emotion.
So touching! This made me weepy. Well done.
04/17/08
Outstanding! You put tears in my eyes. Well done.
04/17/08
Congratulations on your EC. This gave me goosebumps and tears. Beautiful story.
Debbie, this is so nice to see - congratulations on placing with this wonderful piece - Loren