The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1148 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. What else can I say about this piece? It is amazing...the perfect illustration of the topic. And so very moving. I was right there from the first word to the last. Wonderful!
03/13/08
Some beautiful descriptions and a very tender story.
I really can't add to what Shelley and Debbie have already said so well, but couldn't pass by without telling you how much I enjoyed this tender story.
I just loved this story! What a wonderful relationship between grandfather and granddaughter. You have some wonderful descriptions and dialogue. I particularly liked "“Really?!” she squealed, and he shushed her as if one could contain dynamite ready to blow."
Brilliant! simply brilliant!
Perfect.
There are so many things to like/love about this piece, but there is one line in particular: "the grimace that sought to pillage his countenance gained ground" tells me so much about the depth, talent and understanding that this author has, that words of praise on my part feel particularly inadeaquate. Wonderful!
03/15/08
An amazing piece of writing. This is worthy of first place for sure. Everything about it was perfect.
Absolutely awesome--a winner.
03/17/08
"Tremors would govern his hands as aches ruled his bones and coughs shredded his lungs." - amazing and terrible line, made me hurt right along with Grampy. The wording was so good throughout that I read it twice.
03/18/08
A powerful moving story, so glad to see the grandfather meeting the little girls dream while he still had the chance.
03/18/08
Wow. This is a beautiful story--so very special.