The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1178 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/08
Thank you for this incredible story. Yes, something CAN only be learned at midnight. Very good.
03/07/08
Beautiful writing. I was especially touched by these lines: "My cries simply ooze out through the cracks of my broken heart and pool up around me. And the darkness grows deeper." Very intense and descriptive.
Powerful story. I found the transition between the night and the morning to be surprisingly abrupt, but figured it out as I read on. So true how God uses our dark times to let us help others through theirs.
03/08/08
This is a powerful piece of writing. I especially like this quote,"Sunset is coming again; pinks and oranges giving way to the shadows. But all is well. The darkness only prepares us for a new today." All is well because God is in control! Thank you for sharing.
Laury
You have included many wonderful elements in this piece. It is touching, beatuiful, heart-rending, and hopeful all at once.
03/08/08
I was totally captured by this story, until the change from the past to the present. It seems like there should have been just a bit of transition.
Fabulous writing - powerful and intense. I got a bit lost at the sudden leap forward in time, but quickly got back on track when I recognized what you were saying. I love this piece, and the lesson it imparts.
03/11/08
What a wealth of emotion here. I stuttered at the time change, but once I understood what was going on it was neat to see how God used those midnight lessons.
03/12/08
I'm so glad I read this. What a blessing. This one's a keeper.
03/12/08
Your wonderful descriptions brought this to life.
03/12/08
Your last 5 sentences are fabulous. "Sorting in my mind..." sentence fragmented, but this story was a masterful piece of writing. As a reader, Thanks.
03/12/08
Beautiful and true. Loved it.
Your last paragraph is a winner! It completely sums up the whole piece, my only note(a teensy bit of red ink), is that I was confused in the quick switch from past to present, I thought he was dreaming about the surgery and then it turned out he wasn't and then they were back to the waiting room and then everything was okay. A slow read put everything in perspective though. ^_^ Nice job!
03/13/08
Beautiful beginning and ending. Vivid descriptions in this piece. Great title, too. Like some of the others, I was a bit confused by the time shift. Overall, an enjoyable story.
Love the way you brought the last and first paragraph together. Beautifully written...great emotions.
03/13/08
Oh yes, this deserves the looong list of comments. Well written, heartfelt, and the final wisdom, so true...