The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1484 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/08
Ouch! Great illustration of the theme.
The last line is a clincher--the ultimate in "biting her nose off to spite her face."
I'm very curious to know if a guy or gal wrote this clever "hen" story.
02/22/08
Ouch! What a kick that was at the end! These girls made me chuckle--and I love the names of the places they'd gone to eat at! Fun!
02/22/08
You created vivid characters in this piece.
Ooops! Oh boy, I reckon she regretted that action big time. Concert sold out... what a punch line. Definitely on target there.
02/24/08
I really enjoyed the dialogue and descriptions. This is perfectly on-topic! Great illustration.
02/25/08
Teeheehee. You must have been in right witty form when you wrote this gem :)
Oh, this was soooo entertaining and right on topic. Love it!
I love your style. This is so small town perfect it could have been written in my little town! You captured the attitudes and thinking perfectly. Well done my friend, well done!
I could feel Melba's heart sink when she discovered she had shredded the her ticket only to realize there was no other way in. I bet she dug in the can and taped it back together again! I enjoyed the story.
02/25/08
Wonderful rustic flavor--this was great fun!
What an interesting dilemma faced by a couple of unique characters. Loved every minute of this!