The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1756 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a challenge this is to be a live-like-Jesus Christian. I'm glad you changed your MC's "might-have-been's" to "I will's."
11/09/07
Excellent! We can all identify with this, and you've written it so well.
11/12/07
Very good! You showed the consequences of our difadence and unconcern in a very believable way, inspiring me to look for opportunities to tell about my Lord.
11/12/07
This is the best I've read so far! Good voice - I like your details and how you wove your beginning all the way through. But most importantly, you convicted me as I thought of my own neighbor of 6 years who I wave to every Sunday when I go to church and they sit on their patio drinking themselves into oblivion.
Ouch. You stepped on my toes. Good voice. Very well done.
11/13/07
I too enjoyed the voice of this toe smashing piece. God bless.
11/13/07
Hindsight is certainly incriminating! Very well done--powerfully convicting. Great work. :)
11/13/07
This is EXTREMELY thought-provoking. I am drawn to your conversation style and found myself wanting to "chime in."

My favorite parts are the fork in the road at the end and also this line:
"I faithfully…usually…sometimes went to church that year."
11/14/07
A wonderful voice on this piece! Something for us all to think about.
11/14/07
How come we always think the "other" Christians should be evangelizing and not us? Good story and very thought-provoking. I recognized myself a time or two in the MC.
11/15/07
When did you become me??? ;) Rachel, this piece spoke to me like nothing else I read this week. Even if you hadn't ECed, just know that God probably had you write this piece just to minister to/admonish ME! Oh - and congrats.
Your talent stirred the hearts of all who read this. I pray this finds a wonderful publication home.