The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1714 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/07
This ought to be put on a plaque in the lobby of many, many churches. What a wonderful message beautifully told.
10/20/07
Lovely and inviting poetry. So many wonderful passages that show the heart of the church as it should be: joyful, and healing, and accepting.
10/21/07
Wonderful poem! This was very easy to read and very comforting to hear, even though I am fully involved in a wonderful church, one of which such things might be said.
10/22/07
I love the heartfelt questions at the beginning with the answers that provided comfort following. This gave me a warm feeling inside. Beautifully written.
A powerful invitation written oh so skillfully!
10/25/07
What a warm and inviting poem. Speaks to the heart and offers hope - my kind of poem. :)
Written by a pastor's wife with a heart of compassion for everyone who is seeking fellowship, love and a sense of belonging. This poem should be lasered on the hearts of all Christians everywhere in offering Christian friendship to a very needy world. Beautiful, Linda!
10/27/07
Linda -- This is so "welcoming". Knowing you're a pastor's wife, I'd love to visit your fellowship.

When I got to this line, "Run now into the fellowship of those who’ve prayed you here!" I had to reread the stanza. We were "prayed" to our current fellowship of believers. After a move where we left family over a thousand miles away, the second week with our new Church family one couple told us they'd been praying for three years for someone to come help them.