The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1716 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/07
Embarrassing moments always happen in front of the very people you'd least like them to! I enjoyed reading your story, and was able to sympathize with your main character's vertical lack!
07/27/07
Great piece. I think the last anecdote is really about me (a vertically challenged 4th grade teacher).
07/28/07
I can sympathise with the lack of height from a teacher’s point of view! It is usually my fourth year boys looking down on me from lofty heights that tell me I need my root touching up!
I was hooked from your first paragraph, and your humor carried the piece all the way through. I also like the summation, with just the right dose of truth and confidence to counterbalance the rest.
Falls...so embarrassing. This is very cute, and well written. too. The last lines tie the whole package up nicely. Well done.
07/31/07
Extremely cute and kept my interest. God bless.
This is cute and enjoyable. Good job!
07/31/07
I loved your humor in this! and the last lines are terrific!! :-) Hugs!!
07/31/07
Love your little anecdotes - enjoyed the conversational tone. Great last line too!
I want to say the anectdotes were funny, but not at your expense as they caused you embarrassment. What a dilemna - what can I say, other than I enjoyed reading your article and getting a glimpse into the world of the "vertically challenged"
07/31/07
This piece had great humor and description! I enjoyed reading it, but felt very sorry for the predicaments of the MC! The ending was wonderful! :)
08/01/07
Great title, great hook, great voice. This was lots of fun to read.