The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1912 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/07
This is a perfect teen story and I like the young man's stance on dating. Not "dating" during High School is a new idea among some Christian teens which your story could help to explain.
Great story. If I wasn't married, I'd get a crush on Brian, too. Super!
Love the morals portrayed by very believable characters in this story. I think teens would respond to these characters and be encouraged by their blossoming values. This story is just the beginning; it leaves the reader wanting more, wanting to find out what happens to Jordan. Maybe it's Chapter One of more to come??? Blessings, Cheri
06/16/07
Very good!
06/16/07
At first, as I read this, I found myself saying, "Yeah, right..." However, something magical happened later and I'm not sure how you did it: I suspended my disbelief and went with the story line. That's the mark of a good writer: that they're able to get you to suspend your disbelief. It's a tough job when it's a talking animal, but in a way I think this was more difficult: a handsome, athletic teenage boy with raging hormones who says no to dating! I know it is possible: my daughter held her boyfriend off with no kissing for about eight months, I think it was, and they've been happily married for five years now. He thought she gave up kissing for Lent! I wish we COULD turn around this dating game and make this the trend. Your story gives others that opportunity to at least consider it. Bravo! Well done!
06/18/07
Great perspective, and vivid characterization. Right on target for the intended audience. Enjoyed this!
Oh wow, Brian is every mother's dream guy for her daughter. This is well done. I love the message. Congrats on your placement.
06/21/07
WOW! EC - Congratulations, Debbie, Fantastic story!
06/21/07
Woo hoo! What a wonderful story with a perfect, feel-good ending. I love it. And what a confirmation for you, Deb. This is definitely your genre! Excellent work!
06/21/07
Congrats! Awesome, dear friend.
06/22/07
I really enjoyed this, and read it to my 2 teens. I also believe in rather courting than dating.
Yes, this could be chapter 1 of more to come! :) Well done on EC! Y.
Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the EC win!!! Well deserved! Blessings, Cheri