The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1853 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/07/07
Oh my gosh! I had to call my son up to read this with me and we were repulsed one second, and laughing out of our chairs the next! You've definitely got the 'tween thing down pat with this story. I almost don't want to know who wrote this...seems like there's too much first "hand" knowledge!
06/08/07
EW! Very inventive and well written, and you certainly win the award for best title:)
06/08/07
You've got the perfect story here for the age you have in mind, I'm sure! I'll bet this one would sell like crazy. Ewwwwww (but I'm not your target audience LOL so that's ok, right?)
06/09/07
This is the first entry I've read but if I was judging this week (which I'm snot - I mean, NOT), this would for sure be one of my top PICKS! It's so up my alley LOL.
My mom always tells the story of one year when my brothers & I went to Florida with my dad and she wanted to surprise us by painting our rooms while we were gone. So when she moved my bed away from the wall, there was a collage of boogers behind it. It took her a looooong time to chisel them off - so gross! Now that I think about it, maybe I'll write an article about that. There has to be a lesson in there somewhere.
Outrageously funny writing. Perfect entry for this week!
06/11/07
Pat, I'm speechless. This is the funniest, grossest, most audacious, most superlative in every way story that I've ever read. And also, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I started to read this once, then navigated away. I wasn't sure I could do it. *However*, I came back and toughed it out. LOL! I am so glad I did. It's a really fun, if disgusting, (that's a compliment) read.
I think kids around 7-10 or so would really love this!
I am currently trying to break my son's picking habit, so I got a kick out of this one. I don't think I'm going to read it to him. He'd never quit if he read this (They taste good AND you can get a trophy?!) On the other hand, we have been looking for the one thing he can excel in. LOL. Thanks for a fun and gross) read.
This would definitely come in first with preteen boys and younger and maybe older. Don't suppose any of those are judges this week, although children are the target audience. You have written the little girl's voice perfectly. Girls like her would like the story also.
06/13/07
Oh MY! Yip this is gross! ROFL
Great job(re-swallowing down my one partially digested breakfast one more time,GROSSSSS!)LOL. Very funny and appropriate for young readers. Laughed so hard.Reminds me of the Ramona series combined with Captain Underpants and Junie B Jones with great characters. I admire "mom" who relates to being a child.:0)A Keeper for sure!!Also thx hon for the info. Lord bless ya real good!:0)Jance
True life does leave a bitter taste in our mouths!
ROFL!
Okay. I'm still laughing. Considering I grew up with two brother who could possibly rival Picker Davey-lol. This was a hilarious and interesting read. My only note is the title doesn't quite fit all that great. Just my opinion though. Good job!