The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1451 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/16/07
How interesting that of all the patterns, grandma picked the cross and began weaving her old life around it before she realized it represented new life.
I like this! Good inside picture of the culture and changes being brought.
02/19/07
I was definitely NOT expecting that ending - wonderful, atmospheric piece. Loved the grandma.
02/21/07
Oooh, thanks for the picture! Stunning! Love the ending of this piece, and I enjoyed visualizing as I read this.
It's always great to be flung into another part of the world - great job and loved the story!
02/21/07
Well-written piece giving us an interesting glimpse into another culture! Thank you for sharing this! :)
02/22/07
Oh, too cool!! I was transported there! I loved the setting and how you used it and that someone comes to explain the cross to them. Wonderful!
02/22/07
Having you in another culture is a treat. Your stories are always interesting, fresh and unique. Great job! Jo
02/22/07
Great title to start things off, crisp writing that placed me right there, and a great ending. Great work!
The power of the cross! I love the picture you painted of the grandma and all of the activity going on around her.
02/22/07
Suzanne, I always love your writing and this was no exception. I enjoy the way you transport me to the center of your entries. Some stories boarder on outstanding, this would be its capitsl city. God bless.
02/25/07
Yes ... far more than just a pattern ... I felt I was watching a moment out of an exquisite foriegn film full of aromas and life. Beautiful. Love them!