The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2130 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Truly a touching story. Would that we could all forgive such...cruelty. Would that we could all hear the Lord so clearly.

Thank you, and God bless,

Kevin
09/16/06
Gripping, strong visual story! Those who forgive much will be forgiven much! Stories like this drive me to examine the much smaller injuries and slights I often choose not to forgive. Oh, and thanks for the gardening tip, knew about the corn and beans but not the zuccini! :-) yeggy
09/18/06
A Very suspenseful and heart-wrenching story of family violence. My mind always wanders... "what did she see in him originally?; Why did she fall in love with him back When?" However, this story is written very, very well. Good Job.
Oh, my goodness. I literally have chills. While this is a bit dark, it has a very powerful message, and it is written with excellence.
Touching, sad, and yet victorious at the end!

Emotion is well expressed, imagery is clear, and I like the way you introduce the story in the present and then do a flash-back. Effective!
Very well done. I found myself picturing the entire garden just from what you described. I almost felt the pain she must have had and then the anger I know she would have had. At the end, I realized that there are things I need to forgive and things that require me to seek forgiveness for.

Thank you.
You did a great job of engaging the reader and describing the garden. The act of forgiveness at the end was very touching. Nice job!
09/20/06
Excellent description - so vivid! I felt like I was right there - and what an ending!!! You gave me chills.
Very well written. Only God could provide forgiveness in such a sad situation.
09/20/06
I am still not sure what the “three sisters” were, but I found the main section of your story quite gripping. How sad for both the husband and the wife to live with the tormenting voices!