The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1643 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/11/06
This brought tears to my eyes, as we've been aflicted by dementia in our family. It is so easy to forget the vibrant, living, loving people that they once were. Thank you for this. You handled it very sensitively.
08/11/06
I like the way Ashley handled it. That smile! Sometimes it's all you can do! I hope that was a real memory he was having. Very moving!
08/11/06
Okay, it was a sad smile but still, she was so tender and gentle and understanding about it all. Sorry, I had to make sure everyone knew I wasn't completly loony.
A Great Story! Thanks for a great read.
08/14/06
This was such a touching, unique, and creative piece for "vision." Well crafted - you brought it together nicely in the end. Beautifully done.
08/15/06
Very tender and full of grace.
Touching on different levels...invites the reader to think about past, present, future realities...especially in the relational realm. Loved the last line...what a clincher!
08/16/06
So lovely! I truly enjoyed every image you painted here, and especially how you ended it. Wonderful!
Hi Jess,
This was a very moving piece - it left me in tears. Also, it is a poigant look at what counts as true sight. Great writing. I hope this does well.

Such sadness in the world makes one's heart long for the new heaven and new earth. Come, Lord Jesus, Come.
Great, great story, Jessica. (I've missed reading them, btw.)

Beautiful, heartfelt story that rings true with so many people and families. Well done.