The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1696 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/08/06
I love this! This is great! What peace the old man portrayed. I especially liked this line, "From every possible orifice, little people poured." You painted such a wonderful mental picture with your words!
06/12/06
Where are the comments? This is EXCELLENT!!!!! I too especially enjoyed the paragraph describing the kids leaving school for the day. You describe the scene magnificently, you have a great message, and you're right on target with the theme too. I laughed at the surprise ending. WELL DONE!
06/12/06
Fantastic! One of my favorites!
Linda, this is just priceless! Powerful character, huge identification factor, lushly painted emotional punch. I was so moved at the part about D-Day, Normandy, building to a perfect gut-chuckle finale!

This one just has that extra-special glow to it. I expect to see it published.
06/21/06
Great Story! I loved it! Sorry I'm late with Congratulations, but I was stymied from making comments due to playing Judge Judy. (smile) You are a super wordsmith! Kudos!
07/31/06
This was great. I was very surprised by the old man's reaction - not like one would expect - but awesome!