The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1053 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/26/06
I loved this, especially this line "And somewhere in the spiritual realm, a bucket is lowered into a well. It dips and brings forth a promise." I think this is composed very nicely and full of promises to the reader! A real witness! Great job!
05/26/06
Amen for the bucket.
Excellent parallel vignettes, tied together with that beautiful 'bucket' theme! Creative, flowing, powerful.

One suggestion: Your opening sentence has four actions going on, listing the preceding action last. I'd break it into two or three short sentences for maximum impact, beginning with the door slamming.

Love those wells of salvation, though! Great stuff.

05/27/06
And what a deep well it is! This is good. Thank you!
05/29/06
A message shines that is for all an inspiration! Wonderful writing!
05/29/06
That "bucket" sentence will stay with me for a long time--just so wonderful.
05/29/06
I really liked this article, the spiritual well concept made this a valuable work. Well done.
This is very well done. I really like the bucket theme.
I enjoyed these examples. Thanks. It was a great read.
05/31/06
Very well done - excellent work. The analogy of the bucket is great. :)