The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1653 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/14/06
Such a beautiful, well written testimony to the topic of fulfillment! One can just feel it through this writer's words as she contemplated her destiny on the overpass, the bridge....exceptionally well done!
04/14/06
You did a marvelous job of capturing your narrator's despair. Your sentence "Well then. What have you lost?" is absolutely breath-taking. One minor quibble, and a suggestion: The second word should be "were", and I think you could eliminate the past paragraph, which is almost anti-climactic. Your point is made--and beautifully--in the paragraph before that one. One of the better stories of this type that I've read.
You painted a beautiful picture of Jesus loving us in the midst of our pain. He always offers a way of escape from temptation doesn't he. Good writing!
A supernatural, but believable, visitation!!! Liked this line: "I was blissfully trapped by divine logic: What had I lost? It was simple, heavenly math."

05/10/06
Been there. Awesome!
11/12/19
Dear Sherry, It's been more than a decade, and I'm surprised I missed this story of yours until now (popping back to retrieve my poem "The Secret Place (A Soldier's Dream)" to share on Facebook for Veterans Day). As I remembered how much I appreciated all your lovely comments on my writing, I wanted to check to see how you are. I agree with the other commenters, how real this encounter with Jesus comes through your writing. I love it and, since it sounds like something autobiographical, I can join in agreeing with another commenter, I too understand that heart-wrenching sense of never being able to recover from the loss of a hope-filled promise. God bless you, dear friend!