The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1282 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/06
Points for creativity. Thanks for posting. It reads well throughout.
03/14/06
Super creative. Funny voice. I enjoyed it.
This was a fabulous read. It was terrific! Everyone who reads this can realte and I loved the imagery that came with this piece. Great job. Incredible.
03/16/06
How very clever of you! Took me a couple of seconds to wrap my mind around what was happening. But the exercise was well worth it. Great stuff.
03/16/06
This was fun... Once I was sure you weren't going to overwhelm me with 12-syllable biology terms. Nice job!
Heh heh, that was cute, and well done, too!
03/17/06
That was awesome! I love your narrator voice and the voice of Boregard. Great story!
03/17/06
Very creative! I didn't quite the last sentence...was the cat purring or the waves? But otherwise, well done!
03/20/06
Wonderful, fun read. Good writing! I enjoyed it!
Clever indeed! I had just a little twinge in trying to meld the physical heart with the spiritual heart-of-hearts, but that's probably a minor thing. Great character development, and I loved the moment of truth:

"Passions.” Jesus said flatly.

“Yup,” replied Bo. “I’d say that’s what they are. Nasty things, some of ‘em. Ah, that lock’s there for a purpose, Lord. I wouldn‘t go in there if I were you.”

My great-grandfather hangs on our living room wall proudly wearing his Civil War uniform. So I plugged right in with Boregard. :-)

Well done!