The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1467 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/06
So sad, but unfortunately true. Very interesting perspective. It takes a creative person to look at life from a blue crab's eye view. Well done.
02/23/06
Very sad, but well and realistically written. Thanks.
A very sad truth eloquently shown in this dark piece. The blue crab image is perfect. The shoreline effectively symbolic. Personally this resonates because I have someone in my life who this captures to the smallest detail. Skillfully written!
02/23/06
Not bad for a half hour's work! ;-)
Yes, it's short, but the message is clear. You've chosen your words & phrases well to convey the depth of all that this woman has missed in her life. Good job!
02/24/06
A half hour? My your brave! And good too! This IS really a good and effective read. It's sad she doesn't even know how empty and useless she has been.
02/24/06
I certainly didn't expect the end, and it made my writer's spirit leap up and applaud. What a perfect word picture!
02/25/06
Oh Jo ... it doesn't read badly. Don't think so low of your efforts! Nice descriptions and great scene.
02/26/06
30 mintutes? time well spent! well done :) The comparison was perfect.
02/26/06
Ohhhh...such a wonderful, and brilliant piece of work! I loved every word from the beginning to the fantastic ending. (I didn't realize you knew me...as your story seemed to point in my direction)-(sorry to say); but Wow, such a creative mind, from a talented Writer.
Good insight and creative writing. Beautiful!