The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1463 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was very touching. I had to blink back the tears.
02/08/06
Good story!
02/09/06
It's a good thing God works in spite of us! Good story.
02/10/06
Beautiful - well done.
02/11/06
This is a great story, with good charactors and some really neat descriptions and humor. I really feel I "know" Rupee by the end. This needs to be cleaned up a bit though too- just some spelling and sentence structure stuff. Good job.
02/11/06
Oh, wonderful! I was afraid for a moment that Donna was going to be mean to him, and was so relieved when they showed up at church! You've given us a great character in Rupee.

A few minor spelling errors: use "nevertheless" and "aisle".

Your little touches of humor make this a stand-out piece.
Bravo, Dave!! The story line is sweet without being too much so. Thank the Lord for the Donnas of the world! I knew a "Rupee", or someone almost like him. I'm afraid I alternated between being mean and feeling pity towards him. He had no social graces but tried really hard to fit in. I was his early choice to become his girlfriend, though I never was.I really liked paragraphs 5, 6, and 7; you developed Rupee into a full living and breathing character by describing his actions!
Your article had a few glitches here and there: Paragraph 2 has a runon sentence; Paragraph 4 is missing an 'a' in the last sentence; Paragraph 11, first sentence could read "for sinners to meet this Jesus."; Paragraph 12 should have 'aisle' instead of 'isle'.
The ending line was a beautiful concluding thought!
Like I said, Bravo!
02/12/06
I don't know if I'm allowed to say this because I was a judge this week, but I gave Rupee a really high score.(:

I thought it was a terrific and well-written story.
Wonderful story! Yes, you really brought Rupee to life! Excellent characterization skill. Loved this!
Enjoyed the sweet tenderness of this story. It carries a simple witness to childlike acceptance - and the power of God that can literally sweep us off our feet!! An enjoyable read.
This was a very heartwarming (or heartwrenching - depending on which part of the story you are reading) story. It did need some minor "cleanup" work, but over all, I give a thumbs up. Great job.