The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1980 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/06
Excellent piece of writing!
02/01/06
Wonderful descriptions as usual and well-written. I didn't feel like I knew Lettie well enough to care much about her. Would have like to have seen some more emotion. Still, an excellent piece. Good job.
I love this! A wonderful story, vividly told. I particularly love the airplane angels. Lettie and her grandmother had a real feel to them. Great work.
Beautiful! Reminded me of my Nana, who I lost a year ago. She believed in Jesus, she lived for Jesus, she died for Jesus!
02/03/06
Beautifully done.
02/03/06
As usual you have created a masterpiece - I am pretty sure we will see this one in the Winners Circle.
02/03/06
Like I've said before - I don't like sitting behind you in the line up! I'll have to time it better next time! (as if it would make any difference!) ;)

And thanks for another strong and intertaining read that takes us on a trip emotionally as well as to places most of us never get to visit. A very 'alive' piece.
02/03/06
You have a real talent for getting a lot across in 750 words. This week will only be my 2nd participating in the challenge, but I've found the hardest part is communicating with depth when I have so few words to work with. You are supremely efficient in that regard, and I find myself learning just from reading your piece. Thank you!
02/03/06
A touching story, you packed a lot in a small space.
02/03/06
There should be another category for you and a few others here--Extremely Expert, or some such. Loved, loved, loved this.
As someone has already said, this is a piece to learn from and not just enjoy. Thanks Maxx, and God bless.
02/04/06
Well, it's become a weekly tradition to search specifically for your pieces...I always feel like an onlooker as I read what God has given you to share. Well done!
A heart rending and heart warming story told by a master artist! Truly beautifully written!
Very well written, as usual. Good job.
02/04/06
Amazing! I felt like I was there with them. I love reading your work!
02/04/06
What can I say, but... "perfectomundo!" You've done it again. Wonderful, realistic, descriptive writing. Loved it!
Blessings, Lynda
It's amazing what can be done with 750 words. Good writing. Thanks for sharing.
02/05/06
This is an Amazing piece of art; so amazing, in fact, that it has forced fellow-writers out of their silent little niches, and out of the woodwork by the droves...to comment on such a Masterpiece of writing! I knew they were "out there" - but it takes a Pro to bring this many to action! Thank you! Great piece of work!
02/05/06
I do love your description, the way they give an immediate sense of place. Felt this piece was a departure for you. A bit choppy structurally – probably because you didn’t get the usual time to mull over it. Enjoyed it though. Yeggy. PS thanks for your thoughtful comments on mine!

02/07/06
Your descriptions are magnificent ... of course. And the concept - counting angels - is lovely. It was a bit sad ... but that's life, isn't it. Well done!

And I echo Yeggy's comment above - thanks for your comments too.
02/07/06
Wow. The first of the entries this week to make me almost cry.
Either I'm becoming deadened to all this talent, or I'm just easily bored. :P
Seriously suprised it wasn't in the E.C.
This is one of your best, Maxx.
Excellent writing as always (do you ever get tired of us telling you that? LOL). Loved the last line. Another masterpiece. Well done.
"A finger twitched and her eyes creased opened." When I think of the word "crease", I think of closing something, as in creasing an envelope or letter, but a minor point. Maybe "eased" or "cracked" (cracked isn't really very good, but some idea of opening just a little). The flashbacks were just a tad off in timing, IMO, but OK. I'm not nit-picking--just thought you might want an actual critique. :)
WOW, look at those comments! Impressive. First, i loved the name "Letitia" (is that how u spell it?) This entry was very beautiful. I really loved the pacing of this piece. I loved the flashbacks. I chocked up when i read the first line of the grandma seeing angels. This sentance, "The tires of the pick-up truck gouged through the windswept gullies of the ranchero, throwing out rocks and debris." didn't seem as polished as the rest. I must say, as much as I enjoyed this story, it wasn't your best. If this was my piece it would probably be my best work, but your Maxx. Maxx has an entirly different standard of writing. One that every writer should strive for.