The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 437 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/26/18
Definitely on topic, best of luck to you
01/27/18
Wow! That's pretty stressful. It's good to remember past words of advice, especially those of Sripture.

May I suggest splitting the paragraphs for easier reading.
Blessings, LaVonne
01/27/18
Thanks for the suggestion, Yvonne.
01/27/18
Sounds like the mc was in a rather abusive work situation. I was actually relieved when she got the news she was fired. Kind of a blessing in disguise there? Anyway, you did a good job creating a mood of frustration and helplessness pulled together in hope at the end.
01/28/18
Nice job with the topic in content and delivery.

Well done,

Blessings~
This is an awesome story. You grabbed my attention right off and held it to the very end.

Just a few quick thoughts. Be consistent about writing out numbers (55 in a seventy). Experts disagree whether numbers should be written out to ten or a hundred, but agree that consistency is important. Put thoughts in italics. You do it like this, but without spaces: In front do this < i> thoughts, and at end this: < / i>. Hyphenate two words combined to make one modifier (white-haired). Last, start a new paragraph when someone different speaks, acts or thinks.

I really liked your selection of verbs. They really painted a picture for me. Poison, smirk, and bolt were my favorites. This is a great message and one I'm definitely in need of hearing. I joke if worrying were an Olympic event, I'd take home the Gold. You reminded me that I need to hand it to God. Great message.