The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1202 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/27/16
Every mom knows the anxiety you expressed so well here. I was holding my breath until the end. What a lovely story.
11/27/16
The dialogue kept this story moving along well and had me anticipating the outcome. Well written.
A very well written life story most mothers don't experience - "The joy of Crying".
11/28/16
Beautiful story. Well done.
Congratulations on your first place EC award!
12/01/16
Congratulations on winning 1st place this week, Karen.

You expressed so well a mother's joy of hearing the first cry of her baby.
12/01/16
I thought you were in the Master's category, Karen!

Congratulations on your 1st place finish in the Advanced category. You have such a talent for touching the heartstrings, and I really enjoy reading your stories!
12/01/16
Congratulations on your win! You wrote a story that touches the heartstrings of everyone, especially Moms.

Well done.
12/02/16
Congratulations on your 1st place EC ranking. I felt as if I were there with you & experienced all the emotions- loved it!
A beautiful story. You had us with you all the way. Congratulations on a deserved first place.
12/02/16
Congratulations on your 1st place win. You took me back to what happened to me with my first baby 42 years ago, and thankfully I got to hold him two weeks later.
12/02/16
Karen,

Congratulations on your 1st place win in EC.

This story touched me on so many different levels.

It spoke to women who may never be able to hold a baby in their arms as a mom.

To moms, it spoke how precious is the gift of life.

Beautifully done.
This is beautiful and the timing of it is perfect. My daughter was expecting a baby next spring and we found out today it wasn't meant to be. My heart aches for the MC and, although it might seem strange, your story comforted my aching heart. Congratulations on your EC and thank you.
12/03/16
Beautifully and movingly told, Karen. Congratulations on your 1st place. It's well deserved.
Congratulations, Karen, on your first place EC for this touching story. I'm so glad for the hopeful conclusion.
12/05/16
Beautifully written.

I too had my first baby in the NICU and couldn't hold her until three days later. Funny thing is that when my mom asked to hold her (the baby) I told her (my mom), "This is my night. You hold her tomorrow." It is still something we talk about six years later.
12/31/16
You developed and described your true tale with clarity and compassion. Congratulations on your well deserved 1st place ribbon.
01/04/17
The Joy of Crying extends to tears of relief. I'm so glad your beautifully written story has a happy ending. Your mom's heart enfolded us from the beginning. God Bless and congratulations on your EC!
02/16/17
I am so happy that your story was a challenge winner this quarter, Karen.

02/21/17
Lovely story!