The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 917 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/28/16
My heart goes out to you. Such a well told and funny story. I was getting frustrated right along with you. Yes, I will pray for you and your mom.
God Bless,
Francie
01/28/16
Very funny. Well done and not a bit of red ink.
01/28/16
I had to read your story first thing after scrolling through the titles last night.

I laughed so hard as you raced through Walmart in search of your mom. Enjoy the time you spend with her.

My mom is 76 and we live together. At times, I experience the same frustrations, but I am glad I get to spend time with her.

Well written!

Red ink: Spell out any numbers less than 10.
01/28/16
A bit frustrated? Don't worry, it becomes worse.

I had Mom for twenty years. She made it to 100.5 years old!Patience can wear thin after a few years. I understand the frustration you conveyed so well.


Blessings,
Claire
01/29/16
I smiled and laughed, and thought about my late mom when we went shopping together.

Enjoy every moment you have together...time is fleeting.

This was a great read, I'm sure this will rate well!

Great job,

God bless~
01/30/16
A catchy title!

An enjoyable read. Good use of speech and metaphors. Well done!
Hysterical! You write to my heart, and my family was convulsed hearing me read this! What a delightfully "Erma Bombeck" feel this has. I must read more by you . . .
02/01/16
So funny, because it's so real :-)

This is a situation that would really frustrate me… bchjdisoeifhx!!!!!

Good writing!!!!
02/01/16
Sounds like a sitcom scenario; good description of an event we can all imagine! Opening paragraph got the reader in, and I was glad it wasn't a neat, "happily ever after" ending! Thanks!
Great title and fun style of writing. It was very relatable and an enjoyable read.
02/03/16
Oh, what a story. It's as if I was in your cart watching it all play out. You paint beautifully with words and dialogue. Hope this gets high marks from the judges.

02/04/16
What a hoot! Had me laughing from the beginning. Congratulations on placing.
Congratulations! I loved your title; too funny...
02/04/16
Congratulations, Jan, on placing 1st place in Advanced and 7th place in the EC awards.

This was so well written and humorous. It really made my day, and my day again when I re-read it.
Congratulations on your first place in Advanced and the EC. I really appreciated the mixture of humour and sadness that comes with stories about our aged parents. The line 'I got lost in Walmart' said a lot to me. On the face of it these people just seem difficult,but in their minds there is a great struggle just to cope with an increasingly complex world and not lose it. I liked the repentance at the end. Very real.
02/05/16
This was a hilarious take on family life and to add insult to injury a perfect brother. who was egging your mom on.

Congratulations on first in the advanced category and EC Award.You made my day.
02/05/16
Congratulations on your EC. Well done.
02/05/16
Congratulations on your EC. I really enjoyed this story, told with humor and feeling. It rang very true! Imagine the scene before mobile phones were around!
Love the dialogue - concise and witty. Great story! Congratulations on the EC.
02/10/16
Congrats!

God bless~
Thank you, everyone, for all the encouraging comments. I've been in a writing slump for quite a while, but thank God, I'm coming out of it! Bless you all and Happy Writing!
02/17/16
For Pete's sake this happens with my husband on a weekly basis. Ha

Great piece of work and good to see you back!