The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 543 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/01/15
Comically entertaining and right on topic! Hope you do well in the Challenge.
03/02/15
Simply put..."Excellent job"

God bless~
I love your out-of-the-box thinking. I believe your idea is positively brilliant, though I don't want you to get a big head (teehee), so I'll give you a tiny bit of red ink. You started out using first person and then switched to third in the end. I think it worked as a first person until your MC floated away, which makes it hard to see how he could be speaking to the reader in the beginning. I think if you'd started with the third person and perhaps added more body language, it would have ranked much higher. For example, the line about the nut made me pause a moment because I wasn't sure who he was. Perhaps if you had done something like: “Your inflated ego is going to be the death of you!” The religious nut jumped up and down as he raised his cross into the air. I think you absolutely nailed the topic. The tongue-in-cheek humor is wonderful for any age. I could see this as a tween story and as a satirical story for adults. The ending, though slightly predictable left me content and smiling. This is a story I'll definitely remember. You have a passion that surrounds your words and makes me eager to see more of your work!