The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 629 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting kid viewpoint. I had questions like that when I was a kid, but of couple of deacon's kids explained the whole process to me.
08/20/14
I really liked this charming tale. Enjoyable and well written.

God bless~
This is a great story. I giggled as I pictured poor Grandpa's face. I'd have loved it if you painted a more vivid picture of the exchange between them. This is just an example to show what I mean: I looked up at Grandma, expecting a commonsense answer. The blood seemed to rush to his cheeks and left splotches down his chest. Shaking his head, he swallowed several times before speaking. "Girl, time for you to go home and have a talk with Mama."
I know because it's a true story, you may not be comfortable adding details you're not positive about, but if you close your eyes, I bet you could fill in details like that. I think you should expand on this and make it into a children's book. You have a delightful base here that would make a perfect picture book. I love your MC and can totally relate to the inquisitive little one. You left me with a warm feeling and I think you knocked the topic out of the park.
08/21/14
Congrats!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 25 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.