The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1746 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/05
Wow! Very creative and extremely poetic - the prose and poetry blended wonderfully. Almost left me breathless. A truly beautiful take on "Beautiful."
Blessings, Lynda
Yes! I was truly carried away 'breathless' with the king! Wonderful creation!
Very good. I was a little distracted by the repeated use of ..., but on the whole a lovely entry. The way you presented almost gave the feeling of a rushing wind.
Beautiful! (Pun intended and not intended). I loved this. It was like...like Deb said - a feeling of rushing wind. Like the way your hair blows on a windy day. Very nice.
11/16/05
"And God breathes….
The Spirit speaks….
The pen moves…
Beauty flows…."
Extremely inspirational piece of writing.
11/16/05
Wow.. I don't think I ever took time to think about how the writers felt when they penned the words. This is such a unique take on the topic..very well written!I normally would have passed it by( thinking it was poetry as I don't usually read those) if not for your opening line. It caught my attention and held it..Thanks!:)
God has anointed you to write as surely as he did David. Beautiful.
11/17/05
Way to go, Pat! This is just as beautiful and inspiring now as it was the first time I read it.
11/17/05
Lovely. Creative and well written.
11/17/05
Inventive take on the topic. Thank-you for helping me to imagine what it may have been like for some of those who sat and wrote His Words.
11/17/05
I had never thought of how David came to write the Psalms, what his thoughts must have been, his time with God, WOW! This is wonderful!
11/17/05
Very nicely done. I like the way you got inside David's thoughts.
11/17/05
Fascinating glimpse into your interpretation of David's heart. Thank you!
This makes David a real person...and yet the aspect of divine inspiration is also so real! Favorite line:

"And God breathes….
The Spirit speaks….
The pen moves…
Beauty flows….

Words of Beauty flow….. "
11/18/05
What a wonderful poem!
11/20/05
Wonderful insight into the creative process of the Psalmist and, no doubt, many others. Yeggy
This really is wonderful and creatively done. One small thing, in case you didn't catch it after you submitted, but would like to fix for future submissions:

I think you left off an end quote mark after the second section of scripture. But that is nothing in such a creative and well done piece. Great job!
11/23/05
Beautiful ... just beautiful! I didn't realize at first that you were writing from King David's perspective, and when I did, it was even more breathtaking.