The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1935 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Loved the use of the song to tell a soon coming event for those who waited too long to stand up for Jesus. Thank God for a second chance to proclaim our Lord, though it will be so difficult during the Tribulation. My prayer is that all will sing this song before the Rapture. Great job!
11/09/05
Oooh, this piece gave me goosebumps. You really brought to life the words to a hymn I already loved ... and now will love even more.
11/10/05
loved your song choice!! I got chills too.
You have woven the words of the hymn through this beautifully told story with great skill. This is extremely good, so well paced and left me with shivers too. A powerful testamont to courage in Christ and the beauty of faith. God bless.
11/14/05
I'm with Alexandra. Well done. You have allowed every verse to make perfect sense in the context of the story.
11/14/05
This was one of the most touching stories I have ever read. I felt as if I were right there. Dont stop writing!
11/14/05
I can hardly type through my tears - but it is so beautiful, and well written. Congratulations!
Searingly beautiful story. A joy to read! Congratulations on a much deserved win.
This is story-telling extraordinare! I could not stop reading. The use of each verse of the hymn was masterful. Well-deserved win this week!
11/15/05
Wow. I mean... uh... wow.
It was always a pet peeve of mine, lyrics in songs, but you made it beautiful. Heart wrenching.
Oh, Jesus... If I Ever Loved Thee...
I've got to check out some more stuff from you Lori, cause you're a talent not to be ignored.
This is beautifully written, Lori. I'm sure it was very difficult for the judges to pick the winners this time around. Congratulations and blessings to you as you continue writing for God's glory.
Wonderful the way you used the song to tell the story. Congrats on placing. Well done.
11/19/05
This is annointed. Please continue being used of the Lord in this way....you have an incredible ministry of words. Thank you.