The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1123 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/16/12
This touched my heart. Nicely done. God bless~
12/20/12
Interesting decision at the end.
I truly enjoyed this piece. Even though I know who wrote it, I would have said it had to be a soccer mom to get the player's positions right. I guess you could've googled it but there was something about this piece that said a mom wrote it. I could so identify with both the mom and daughter. Sports are one of the big reasons my kids didn't get messed up with the wrong crowds. My son dreamed for four years of getting a college scholarship for swimming. The first year he was on the team in HS, the coach told them no one would be good enough to swim at a D-1 level (colleges have to be D-1 to actually give sporting scholarships)He was determined much like Anna. Sometimes it's important to find that balance. If the mom had forced Anna to miss the games and go to church it may have turned her off. I also liked that you showed the MC praying. Not everyone knows how to pray so I always like stories that show it's a lot like talking to your best friend. The ending was perfect. It took me by surprise and that doesn't happen very often. It's also nice to read your stories again Shari! I miss you when you don't enter :)