The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1437 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your use of language put me right there in 1935. And I loved the twist at the end.
I loved this letter. Very good historical piece with a delightful twist. Nicely done.
12/02/12
What a delightful read! I loved the letter, as well as the sprinkling of historical facts. Realistic monologue for the time period...guess you must like watching old movies, since this was a long time ago. I loved it!
12/04/12
Cute, original and very different. Nicely done.
I enjoyed this.

God bless~
12/05/12
Very creative and clever entry! Love the last sentence about cherry blossoms making you sneeze. One small note...you switched the name from Betsy to Becky at the end. Oops...Been there, done that. LoL Well done. I enjoyed this one!
This captured my attention right off, and tugged at my heart as I read. I loved the mix of ordinary and extraordinary, which is how we live. Made it seem so natural.
12/06/12
Congrats on your Second Place finish! I love it when the judges agree with me, LOL. Well-deserved win for this unique and fun article.
12/06/12
Congrats! God bless~
12/06/12
Very descriptive and absorbing work, with a great twist at the end. I wondered at first if the vocabulary may have matched a fourteen year old, but this faded as you revealed who your MC was. Great work.
12/06/12
loved it! And especially the surprise ending!
12/07/12
Very enjoyable story.
Congratulations on your 2nd place ribbon and for ranking 12 overall!