The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 830 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I so enjoyed this romance inside of a romance. I think there are more women than one might think who'd choose ice cream over Mr Brown Eyes! This is a hoot. Your character's self-deprecating humor makes her quite lovable and the twist at the end was divine. :)
Oh and thanks to the title, I have the song Polly Wolly Doodle stuck in my head! :)
09/07/12
What a simply delightful story! Oh but how many of us have been there! I was hanging on every line, laughing and wondering about the ending. It was a terrific ending... very real. Nice job on this piece!
09/09/12
Oh I'd have the waffle cone with hot fudge before a brown eyed man any day.

I love your descriptive writing - I look like a bag of cotton candy with a cherry on top, and an ice cream sundae oozing down the aisle.

I was with Ashley all the way through and the ending was perfect. Well done.
09/10/12
Many of us dieters could relate to this, and you did a great job of involving your readers. It made me totally crave ice cream and chocolate. lol Good writing!
Such great description going on here; so much so, that I'm now craving fair food! Fun story, for sure.