The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1382 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such an informative piece. Childhood obesity is totally out of control. Somewhere along the line, parents thought, "Gee, I love my kids so much, I'll give them everything they want." Because of this attitude, we have a generation of self-indulgent instant gratifying brats. If we are allowing this to happen to their bodies, what are we allowing into their hearts and minds. As a wise person once said, One person can't change the world, but we can change the world of one person. That is where we must begin.

On a side note, I've struggled with eating disorders since I was in junior high. I never dreamed when I was a mere 90-something pounds that years later I would struggle with obesity. I've gotten into the mindset of safe foods. I tend to go through phases, changing what is considered safe every few weeks. But this year, my world is changing rapidly around me and I've been on a rice cake and honey kick since winter. Many may think the pounds should be flying off, but the opposite is true. My body is in a starvation mode and converting those carbs into storage lockers of fat.

Your words made me stop and wonder what I'm doing to my soul. God and I are going to have a nice long chat here in a few minutes, but thank you for your faithfulness and obedience. You never know how the Holy Spirit will use your words. Scratch that--someday you will be in awe of how the Holy Spirit used your words to save the souls of many.
This would make a good article in a Christian magazine dealing with health issues. I like the double message you presented re: both physical and spiritual health, as well as the use of the prodigal son to illustrate transformation in both areas. This works great as an article, but also as a devotional. Good job.
09/10/12
This is both informative and devotional. How we need to return to the basics of God's design of our bodies and His provisions to care for them--including myself here. Good writing.