The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 921 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/12
You have done a beautiful job with this article. So full of real feelings from your MC and her granny. I loved it.
05/11/12
I loved this entry. i especially loved the last paragraph. The Granny's wisdom as evidenced in the strong, loving advice she gave her grandchild was powerful, and resonated truth. Amen!

Nicely done. Thank you.

God bless~
05/11/12
Beautiful writing style! I love your selection of words, beginning with the title! Man, that would be a great title for a book...

And the scent of magnolia memories? Fantastic.

You intrigued me in paragraph one, and stole my heart by paragraph two.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

05/13/12
Ah...there's certainly nothing like re-charging our life's batteries with the power of a praying woman!

Loved the story, felt the weariness, wanted to hug Granny and sit down and have dinner with her.

Very well written!
05/14/12
I really enjoyed this. There is a lot of truth in it, and it held my attention to the very last word. Great writing.
05/15/12
I love Granny, and the fact the MC had her to go to. Very good. I enjoyed this
05/15/12
This story made me cry. This is a grandma I always dreamed of having. Thanks for sharing. Very nice writing:)
I just love this story. The grandma is such a spitfire I enjoyed her character so much. Her personality leapt off the screen. You did a great job in building the conflict, egging me to keep reading. So often life can get the better of us if we don't take time to recharge our batteries. This is a lovely message that is spot on topic.
05/16/12
I love this piece. It speaks deeply and flow smoothly describing the state of exhaustion which all of us sometimes feel when we fail to rest and keep focus or when our passion comes close to burning out.

Jesus said, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while" (Mark 6:31 NAS). Taking upon what our Lord suggest will certainly do us good in finding rest and getting refreshed. For God satisfies the weary ones and refreshes everyone who languishes (Jeremiah 31:25).

Well done on a nicely written story. God bless.

05/16/12
Such a delightful story that flowed so easily. The feel was of a country town with all the nostalgic signs - it felt like a restful pause in a busy life. I love the grandmother and her sage and awsesome advice. Well done!
05/16/12
We all need a safe haven like Granny's where we can go to rest and regroup, and focus on life and choices. Well written. God bless!
05/17/12
I love it; you kept me guessing and then surprised me. Well done.

I particularly liked the fact that the weariness was the result of life; not divorce or cancer or anything that is sure to wear you out. Just plain old life, with all of its demands and obligations, can do exactly what you have described.

And the answer is... Grandma.

Love it.