The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 983 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This piece touched me on so many levels. I had to stop and pause to wipe away the tears before I finished typing. I can relate to the father because I suffer from chronic pain. There have been times when the pain crushed me and my words would reach out to bite my loved ones. One of my greatest fears is my kids won't have great memories of me. Thankfully God has given me the strength and wisdom needed and my illness brought me closer to my kids allowing several "movie moments" with them.

When my mom died she had bought each of us a present and Dad gave it t us that first Christmas without her. I cherish those gifts and understand how much the Bible means to the MC.

Jesus performs many miracles in one close to the time of death. I have heard many stories of last minute conversions. I like how you end with a sense of hope.
04/12/12
This story gave me goose bumps and left me in tears. It was simply beautiful. I don't know how else to describe this entry. Wow!

Fantastic job...thank you.

God Bless you~
04/13/12
Gripping writing, and yet ends with a hopeful thought. I believe that holidays cause memories to surface, whether with pain and sadness or warmth and joy. Most wonderful, though, is that our sovereign and loving God uses both to mold and bless us.
04/14/12
What a compelling, riveting story. I enjoyed this well written tale, so touching and moving. God bless!
I loved this! A well-written and moving piece.
04/16/12
Thanks for sharing your story. And I do hope you get to have that long talk.
04/16/12
I loved this story. Heart breaking yet full of hope. Thanks for sharing this!
04/17/12
A true story of your own life or one that you have witnessed in someone elses, either way, it is written without the 'victim mentality being allowed to creep in. It is simple, honest and builds to that place we must all journey to, 'Hope'.
Your very touching story left me with the same hope for you that you described.
04/19/12
Congratulations & God Bless~
04/19/12
A wonderful piece of writing ... congratulations on the "Highly Commended" recognition!
04/19/12
Beautiful! Congratulations, well done!
Very well written. Congratulations!
Congratulations on your HC and for placing 16th overall!