The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 831 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/12
A beautiful account of Paul's journey. A well written piece of this extraorinary man who was called Saul, until the Good Lord touched his heart and became Paul.

I loved it...Excellent job with this entry.

God Bless~
03/19/12
It's hard to condense Paul's life to 750 words. You did a great job. A few suggestions: Try to use more creative ways to introduce Paul without overworking "He." For a less choppy flow, consider combining sentences. Ex:
"So as he was traveling on that day, heading toward another crusade, he was interrupted. It was a light, a bright light."

"So as he was traveling on that day, heading toward another crusade, he was interrupted by a bright light."

Watch for the inappropriate use of these: ...

It happens to all. No matter how much you edit, sometimes those pesky mistakes slip through; as in: "He was greatly feared him."

Paul is one of my favorite biblical characters. Thanks for showcasing him.
This is a good synopsis of Paul's conversion and his ministry. However it reads like a list, and not a narrative or story. Work on showing what happens rather than just telling us. I really like the ending!!
I knew who you were writing about by the end of the second paragraph, and not because you told me but because you showed me. What I loved about the very opening of this piece is that for a moment, just a moment, that story could be set anywhere, at anytime. Was he schooled at Harvard or Stanford? And then the story begins to unfold and reveal Saul/Paul. I enjoyed this very much.
03/21/12
Incredible! Only Jesus can do the impossible!
03/21/12
I especially loved the way you begin your story drawing me right in. Excellent!
03/21/12
An enjoyable read of Paul's account from a different POV. Nicely crafted and well written.
03/21/12
I loved the way you drew me in - and I also knew who you were talking about in the second paragraph, but that was fine with me! Nicely done.
03/21/12
This was beautifully done. Really makes one think of the cost to Paul and all of the Paul's after him.
03/23/12
Yes, this is quite an achievement, and well put. Interesting title too.
I really enjoyed this article. I like the twist at the end that this is the apostle Paul speaking. And it comes together great at the end!