The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 804 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is different. I wasn't sure at first if I liked the halting sentences and style but the more I read the more it grew on me. I think it helped set the tones of how thoughts flit in and out of our minds.. In the end I thought it was quite creative.
02/16/12
Interesting style and entry. I enjoyed this and the message that was brought forward. Different...I enjoyed it. Good job.
God Bless~
02/16/12
I didn't immediately pick up the yodelling potato's relevance at first, but you drew me in with the jerky, sleep-deprived, almost-kaleidoscopic way that you led me through the story. The relevance of the sheep and goats parable also comes through very clearly, especially when you can't be sure it's actually Jesus on the receiving end of your help. What would Jesus do? Was Jesus actually disguised as the drunk - as the parable in indicates he might be?
Very well-written.
The style fit the subject and developed the story with clarity that held my attention. Well done.
02/18/12
Not my style, but I did enjoy this! I was drawn in! Good job! God bless!
I wasn't actually portraying that Jesus was the drunk on the front verandah, but what would he do if he had a drunk on his front verandah.
02/19/12
I loved this! So groovy, like Alice in Wonderland, meets devotional, meets Edgar Allan Poe, with a brief visit from Beth Moore (oh, and Jesus too).

Being an offspring of genuine Hippies, I loved the psychelelic feel to this piece. It made me travel deep inside my own mind.