The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 892 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/26/11
Loved Mr. Spud! Excellent writing,
05/27/11
Loved Mr. Spud. We recently put mom in a care home and pray there's a Mr. Spud there. God bless
05/28/11
Love this story. Ironic how things turn out, huh? All this time your MC was avoiding Mr. Spud because they didn't want to get caught up in his antics and it turns out that he was there for others the whole time. Great twist at the end.
05/28/11
Oh, I love Mr. Spud. And I feel bad for laughing at him in the beginning. How terribly mishapen our first impressions can be.
05/29/11
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh! (I thought I'd "put eight ohs" together.)
I love how you have captured so many thoughts in such active dialogue, and the surprise twist at the end is a real bonus.
05/29/11
A really beautiful story with a lovely message for us all to look past the outside appearances and nuances of each other. And I loved the little boy's response to the puzzle, it's such a childlike thing to say. Well done.
05/31/11
Excellent writing. Loved the twist at the end. Great message too!
So well written. Wow! You really let God show you the heart of things don't you? Very good! God bless your ministry through words. :))So true to how we are judging someone on how they look, act or talk but often these same people, who are being judged, are the ones who seem to have a keen insight as how life is or should be. Praise the Lord for all of the Mr. Spuds in this life.