The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 967 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/11
We never know what we are capable of until certain situations force us. Very good visuals of Jean in this story and this story reminds me of the often stated phrase “"The Lord works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform."
05/21/11
Maybe I'm reading something into this that's not there, but it seems to me that the irony is that Jean finally did something while she was desperately trying to avoid doing something else. I can see her now, all confused at all the praise heaped on her because she said "I can't". Great story!
This is so good! I liked your comments of her feelings in between the time lines. I was cheering for her at the end when she came out of her comfort zone and overcame her fear and hesitations, saving the day. "Yeah, yeah way to go!"I cheered with delight for her as she was a self made underdog but became a heroine with God's help.
Great piece and a good message here! Loved it.
05/24/11
Such a predictable story! Until I got to the end, where you threw in the twist that made Jean an unintended heroine. Good writing.
I have said I can't many times but Jesus said Oh yes you can! Thank you for reminding me of all I miss out on when I say I can't. (For those who have never had a horse mofhed his soft nose in your hand, like Jean, you are missing out on something extraordinary)

Congratulations for ranking 10th in your level!