The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1069 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
And you set the scene beautifully. Very nicely done.
You did a great job, bringing that night to life. You painted a believable picture of what could have possibly happened Nice take on the topic.
You certainly brought a new life to what has become a rather hum-drum story--unfortunately. You caught the secrets of Mary's heart; the fact that there was a deeper instinct urging her sacrifice, although she did it unknowingly. Wonderful!
02/15/11
I like stories that try to get behind the Bible account and tease out feelings and motives of the characters. It challenges me to think deeper.
02/15/11
This was a well-written interpretation of Mary and Martha's story. I also liked the title.
02/15/11
I love the sensory details you included. Wonderful!
02/15/11
Not only did you do a remarkable job telling the story, but I could see it happening and feel Mary's emotions too. Exceptionally well done. I hope this does well in the judging.
02/16/11
Interesting take on the story. Especially with the gossip about Mary thinking the wrong way about Jesus. Lovely choice of words and descriptions.
02/16/11
Mary has always intrigued me and you tell her story so well.
Congratulations for placing 9th in level 3!