The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1055 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed your clever sayings for the billboard. You did a nice job with this topic
12/12/10
I like the laid-back, natural humor spread throughout this piece. Nicely done.
12/13/10
I know you loved writing this - such fun! You're so good at this stuff. Enjoyed this a LOT.
12/13/10
Your use of Habakkuk is perfect for this (and the leadership teams inspiration)! I had to smile at many of their propsed signs and concern over misplaced letters! This is wonderfully creative!
12/14/10
A great idea for drawing the crowd with constantly changing text! That's an absolutely good way of putting the media to work. I like this story very much. It gives us something to think about concerning the need for us to come up with new ideas for application in bringing people to the Lord.
12/17/10
Some great captions and a wonderful idea. I've never seen it done but why ever not? From a stylistic point of view, the first half of your story read like a monologue before shifting awkardly into dialogue form. I suspect that it would have flowed more smoothly had you consistently used one or the other.
At least no one can say that you LED anyone in a direction where they might get BORED.
I enjoyed your story.

We have a sign on our church property that uses letters. Once I had to make an "R" out of a "K" because we ran out. Your "lost letter" tidbit made me grin.

So far, my favorite slogan for the sign read, "Sign broken, message inside" :o). Keep writing.