The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1181 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The voice of the MC is perfect for the point you were trying to make. I could feel it pulling me in deeper and deeper. It reminded me of how I felt after 9/11, the news and the repetition of the same horrific scene caused deep depressions among many. Good job of delivering your message.
11/19/10
The rhyming gave your rather serious message a more whimsical feel. I liked "24/7 the news machine spews." Nice job. :)
There will always be wars and rumors of wars, and headlines that exert a siren call. Your poem is a good reminder that we can be in the world but not of the world.
11/20/10
Powerful piece! It is amazing how news stations feature sill stuff when so much is going on in the world.

But on the other hand, the overkill when something does happen.
This was a very interesting piece. I enjoyed reading it, and seeing the message within. Good job!
11/21/10
I like the verse form of this. Makes it even more powerful.
11/21/10
You have packed a lot into a small area, and kept the ideas flowing to a very strong conclusion. Well done.
11/23/10
I like how the quick flow of your words gave this free-style poem a lot of punch.