The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 862 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/29/10
My first thought is: Mail it! But I'm sure it wouldn't do any good. Wish this letter was fiction but I know it's not. So thankful God touched Lois through it all.
10/29/10
I like the line, "My gift of forgiveness to you is not mailing you this letter" because it not only shows that Lois has wisdom, it shows that she truly is not bitter. It would be tempting to hurt back under the guise of "closure." Instead, Lois has peace...and the chance to discover wonderful old songs, movies, and more. Though it may not be wise to take up rollerskating again, I think you should dance in the moonlight with the man of your dreams! :-)
10/29/10
This letter sure packed a lot of raw emotion into it. I could feel the anguish all the way through to the end. Poor, Lois.
Wow this is a powerful story. I really enjoyed it.
11/01/10
Oh well done!! Real life but real forgiveness. Powerful.
11/01/10
Heartbreaking, very real, beautifully written.
11/10/10
A very powerful reminder that we need to share what we DO believe in and not dwell so much on the "be no's". A right relationship with the Lord will bring the right behavior. You show great strength and insight in your letter.