The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1140 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Bread has such a wonderful aroma,you did a great job of tying in the bakery in France with what Jesus did for us when He died for us.Amen.
08/05/10
Since my studies included Latin and Spanish, but not French, I really appreciated your footnotes. You made the setting for your story so appealing (and I loved the tie-in between the bakery and the Bread of Life) I could almost imagine I'd been there in person.
I really appreciated this story, especially since I just taught on the "bread of life" topic last night at our VBS. Thank you for a good story. And I really enjoyed the French, too. It made it seem much more realistic. :)
08/07/10
Oh, I loved this.

It has been a longtime dream of mine to visit France. Two years ago, my daughter's paperdoll (flat Stanley project for school) visited France. We received pictures of the doll's (whose head was a picture of my daughter's face) travels. The doll sat next to french coffee, bread, and tourist hotspots. The doll's hosts even made her a paper peacoat and baret. I was a little bit jealous.

I loved, loved, loved this piece. It felt like France, or at least it felt like everything I love about what I think France is like.

Oh, and the piece had a beautiful message as well.
08/10/10
I like the pace of this story...you did a lot with just 750 words but none of it was forced. I like the ending, so full of hope.