The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2241 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/05
Well done. When Messiah comes they won't recognize Him. They are too quarrelsome and ill-tempered.
09/20/05
Excellent writing! Wonderful, transporting description.
You capture the place, sights and sounds so well. This is wonderful and held me from start to finish, and a new perspective on the story of His birth. God bless.
09/20/05
Wonderful and so realistic!
09/22/05
Gave me goose bumbs! I enjoy stories that capture the essence of an event and period of time in the Bible. Great job!
09/22/05
This was really nice..I felt like I was right there. The heart of the innkeeper's daughter-wow! I thought she would take the water back to them. But like it was said, when messiah comes, they weren't aware. God bless ya, littlelight
09/22/05
Wow! what a perfect entry and a great one to try to get published for the season. Loved it! Very realistic and it drew me right along. I like the idea of the girl offering a place for them to rest and her being the same age. Way to capture the moment.
09/22/05
Loved it!
09/22/05
I love this story! The combination of the hotel owner's weariness and the daughter's hope is a great contrast. Good job.
09/22/05
Bravo! Bravo! I absolutely loved this entry, from the perspective of the innkeeper's daughter to the whispers "When Messiah somes..."
Creative & well written. A winner in my book.
Blessings, Lynda
09/22/05
Awesome! This was great. One of my favorites! I liked the portrayal of the overcrowded inn. Good job!
09/23/05
I was right there, almost in the person of the main character. Just beautiful!
09/26/05
Jan, I just wanted to stop in very quickly to let you know that your entry was in the semi-finals for the Hotel/Motel Challenge. In fact, you placed 11th overall (across all levels). So well done. It was a great story. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Even though it's been awhile since this was written I have to add my praise. This is fabulous and reminds me of the power of the storyteller. This is a great witness - spread it around.