The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2213 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/29/10
This packs a punch! How often I am critical of the "outside" of people without pausing to consider what made them that way. And then your ending completely surprised me. We all have much to be forgiven for. I just might read this again, I enjoyed it so much - wonderful, wonderful writing!
There's at least two sides to everyone. You did such a good job of bringing that out-a gentle reminder not to judge.
08/01/10
Outstanding! Well written and packs a potent message. If only we all "judged" others through the eyes of God. I especially like how you included yourself in the end.
08/02/10
Wow! Everyone has a story to tell, but sometimes they go untold. I love looking at the people through this woman's eyes, who, herself, had her own story, but because of Jesus - her story was full of hope and forgiveness and eternal life. Wonderful job!
You've done it again! Your writing so grips me and so touches my heart. Fantastic piece. Thank you again.
08/02/10
This was a great story with a powerful message, interesting characters and a likeable mc. Good use of the week's challenge topic as well.
08/02/10
Wow! I love the compassion of your MC and your last line. The way you alternated the judgmental view and the compassionate view was so well done. I want to see people through my Father's eyes too.
Our prayer should always be, "Lord, help me to love others as you do." Thanks for reminding us. Excellent writing.
What a creative way to tell the story, to get a wonderful message across, to make your readers see with their hearts--excellent writing.
SO very good, Sarah Elisabeth. You said so much without "telling" and the messaage was powerful and true. Excellent writing; great imagery, emotions and thought processes absolutely spot-on. Thanks for your message.
Sarah Elizabeth,
Beautifully written. Seeing into hearts and no matter what has occured or why the behaviour, God loves, redeems and gives beauty for ashes. Then in turn, we look with eyes of grace into the hearts of others. Excellent article and right on topic.
08/03/10
Oh, Sarah, I love what you did here. So beautifully portraying what everyone should be striving to see. Lovely, girl. Really.
This grabbed my heart like no other entry this week. Talk about demonstrating "perspective"! You certainly helped us see through the eyes of our Father with this story. I absolutely loved it!
My absolute favorite this week. Loved everything about it!
Gulp! It doesn't get much better than this! Excellent is too soft a word to describe this! Kudos!
08/04/10
Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. This is the best piece I've ever read of yours. And you have written some wonderful ones.
I couldn't stop crying to comment. On topic phenomenally. What a lesson. Move over folks, here comes an EC.

Mona
08/04/10
Very nice, Sarah. Well paced and you know what? I've had "conversations" like that in past experiences working with the public.

I enjoyed the use of topic here. Seriously.
08/05/10
Great description of each character in the story, with a superb closing description of self as the MC. All of us certainly have our own 'problems' to take care of, but with eyes that see the world through our Father's eyes, we can definitely see much more. Yes, what an awesome God we serve!
Congratulations!! So well deserved!
Congratulations! This is an amazing piece. Well done!
08/05/10
Perfect take on this topic and what a powerful message! So so deserving of its 1st place EC! Congratulations!!!!
08/05/10
Bravo! Round of Applause! Standing Ovation!
What a great piece - absolutely solid 1st Place - Congrats!!
08/05/10
Tremendous message! Very deserving of first place. This puts you in Masters, too, doesn't it? God bless!
Congratulations Sarah. You knocked this one out of the park. You kept swinging for the bleachers girl. Bravo!
08/05/10
I knew it! Sarah, this is due the 1st place EC and I'm so glad you won it!

Mona
08/05/10
This is packed with emotion, some raw, some heart-warming. Excellent writing, Sarah Elizabeth! Congratulations on your 1st places -- level award and Editor's Choice! I love this!
08/05/10
EXCELLENT!
Congratulations on your EC!
I love eye-openers!
08/05/10
Sarah, this is a fantastic piece. Congrats on the win.
08/05/10
Yipeeeee!! So thrilled for you Sarah Elisabeth. :) :) :)

Huge Congrats!

Excellent job!
08/05/10
Such an insightful piece and convicting as well. We were on the same wave length with this challenge, but you did it soooo much better! Congratulations on 1st!
08/05/10
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is truly special, Sarah. Inspired, I'd say. Congratulations on your 1st place EC. You must be SO excited right now!
08/05/10
Congratulations, Sarah! #1 - Woo!!!!
08/05/10
Compelling and beautifully done. Congratulations!
Congratulations of being the best this week. Climb on up to Masters now.
Congratulations on taking the top spot! This was excellent.
Wow. That's all. Just, wow. Congratulations on a well deserved first place EC!
08/05/10
Sarah - this story "grabbed" me when I read it the first time last week. You deserve your win - many congratulations to you!
08/05/10
Amazing! I like how the character looked deeper into everyone's life and heart -- even her own. And Mrs. Stanley was a fun and dynamic character. :)

Congrats on getting First Place!!! (In Advanced and the EC. ;) ) Hey, are you advancing to Masters now?
08/06/10
Congratulations and a hearty "Amen" to the other comments. God Bless.
08/06/10
Sarah, great story! I can "see" why it got 1st place!
Perfectly deserving of first place. Simply "wow". Congrats, SE.
08/06/10
Sarah,

Great job. Really loved this! Congratulations on your awesome writing and your EC.
08/06/10
I think the Lord would say:-"Well done my faithful scribe!"

Colin
Very well done! Congratulations!
08/08/10
Sarah- what a fantastic story! Through His eyes is how I want to see- His grace is so amazing and the impact was so huge- without being preachy. Blessings! Cindy
08/08/10
Sarah- what a fantastic story! Through His eyes is how I want to see- His grace is so amazing and the impact was so huge- without being preachy. Blessings! Cindy
Wow. Loved this entry so much. A well deserved win.
Hi,
I read your story and I was there like I was watching a movie. Very moving. I'm glad that you won first place. Excellent!
Catherine McQuiston