The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1550 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/23/10
I don't think I'll ever eat mint chip (also my favorite) again without thinking of God's goodness - good devotional!
What a wonderful comparison. How true the words you wrote really are. There are so many times when I just went to give up, but there is Jesus tempting me with a taste of what is God id I will only try.
07/25/10
Yes, I loved the way you connected your love of ice cream (also mine) with your love for God. Every time I ask for my favorite chocolate dipped cone from now on I will think about I allowed God to cover me with his grace. Wonderful!
07/27/10
This is an excellent take on this week's challenge. Devotionals usually don't do that well but I see this up there being honored with the best. I like the flow and humor of the piece. Well done. (My absolute favorite ice cream is Mandarin Chocolate from Baskin Robbins. :( I'm not sure they make it anymore.)
I probably would have used butter pecan. Good parallel between passion for ice cream and passion for God. (See what you could have done differently in the first sentence of the 4th paragraph from the bottom.)
07/29/10
Me, too, Debby...gotta love that ice cream! You've made a great devotional out of this one. Congratulations on placing.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 30 overall.
I loved both the taste-of- ice cream and taste-of- relationship with God descriptions. You made them truly real. Excellent devotional!