The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1287 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Love this take on David as a writer, and his influence upon countless generations. Flowed nicely, and packed with great insight into David's life.
05/25/10
I'm gtrateful we have the Bible in our language so that we can learn from its writings.
05/26/10
Despite David's faults, God still considered him a "man after His own heart." That is such an encouragement to me. I love your phrases, "Attuned to the voice of God," and "This writer of the psalms--a gift to sinners far and wife." The Psalms are one of the most read books of the Bible, and you so eloquently tell why, "A message straight from heaven -- To feed all human hearts," Beautiful work!
It is really neat to think about the legacy that David left as he poured his heart out in the midst of his struggles. Expressing this in a poem fit quite well!
Personally, I felt that some of the rhymes felt "forced", and didn't flow well with the poem. You may want to watch this next time.
Good job using poetry to share the blessings of David's pen!
This was so powerfully worded with depth for every soul who has sinned and known better. :)

David's story has always been a refuge for me, seeing God's mercy and compassion when it didn't "feel" warranted.

I admire the consistency of the softness and simplicity in your poems and yet your word choices say so much. (Hope that makes sense to you)
06/02/10
Enjoyed this much! Love the way it points to David's stark honesty in portraying both his sinful side, as well as his trust and faith in the Lord -- and what a blessing that's been to us all.